About Crime Stoppers
The main objectives of Pikes Peak Area Crime Stoppers are to aid in reducing the crime rate in the Pikes Peak region – El Paso and Teller Counties, help law enforcement agencies solve crime and to bring fugitives to justice.
The program accomplishes these goals by paying cash rewards for anonymous tips that lead to the felony arrest of suspects or wanted felons, the recovery of narcotics, stolen property and cash.
Pikes Peak Area Crime Stoppers is a community partnership that works to keep our region safer by offering cash rewards to citizens who remain anonymous and provide information on criminal activity in the 4th Judicial District.
About Pikes Peak Area Crime Stoppers
Crime Stoppers is based on the principal that someone other than the criminal has information that can solve a crime.
Crime Stoppers was created to combat the three major problems faced by law enforcement in getting that information:
- Fear of payback
- An I don’t care attitude
- Don't want to get involved
How Crime Stoppers Resolves These Problems:
Caller remains anonymous. We do not ask for your name and we do not use Caller ID. Caller is given a code word. We pay cash rewards when the information leads to an arrest in felony cases.
How Does Crime Stoppers Work?
- Call the tip line at 719-634-STOP (7867)
- You will be asked questions but will NOT be asked for your actual name.
- You will be given a code number to uniquely identify your tip. Do NOT share your code number or tip information with anyone!
- Crime Stoppers posts reward eligible tip numbers in the weekly Crime Stoppers Featured Fugitives of the Week article that appears every Monday in the Local section of The Gazette and on the WANTED page of this web site.